Dressed up in different flavours of life, sipping on our apple martinis, sharing some juicy gossips

Friday 23 December 2011

What A Year?


  So it’s time of the year when we see Santa caps dancing to “jingle bell jingle bell jingle all the way…Santa Claus is coming along riding on a sleigh”

In other words the year has come to an end, and like every year I was reflecting on how the year went about…well to begin with the year, to be precise Jan 1, 2011 began on a terrible note for me professionally and as if it was not good enough my personal life touched the rock bottom, and together they plunged into a black hole. I did not have any solutions, it looked as if life is slipping away, and I could not find a bar to hold onto.

As the year progressed things went from bad to worse, by March everything bad that could happen, had taken place, I suffered huge loss personally and the professional roller coaster had completely blinded me.

I did not know what to do, while I swayed from moments of fear, and denial to acceptance, the optimist in me would whisper in a feeble voice, “this is it, it can’t be worse than this, it’s going to be only better from here, so don’t lose hope and cling on.”

Of course there were people around me who acted as my pools of sanity, my parents who supported me, motivated me, and reminded me that fear is for lesser mortals “you have always been our brave daughter!” My friends whom I would call at any hour of the day, then pour in the same things day after day, but they all listened to me, they let me speak till I had nothing left to speak about, not even once any of them complained that I disturbed their sleep, or that they have heard it before n-number of times.

As it was bound to, professionally things became better with time and on the personal front I learnt to accept the loss, I would not say whatever happened was for good, but it definitely made me a stronger and a wiser person.

While I was going through all this, the fragility of life stared at me, I sat and laughed with tears in my eyes, how people go about doing all dubious things thinking everything is permanent, if any thing is permanent in life its “change!”

With this I decided to do everything that I had always wanted to do thinking that someday I will do them. I started learning piano, joined art classes, and started traveling on my own to all those near by places which I always wanted to see, but would not waiting for others’ company.

As the year comes to an end I feel content and satisfied, for I have read some of the best books, traveled and learnt things on my way, and have painted to my heart’s desire. At the same time I saw some of my close friends tying the knot, especially the pessimistic ones, and the best part is they are all happy...and they are some more weddings in the pipeline, which tells me that it’s for you to decide whether you want to be the passenger or the pilot in the journey of life.

New year is about to begin and if I don’t speak about resolutions, this post would remain incomplete…like every year this year also I have a few resolutions and hope to keep them.
  1. Steer clear of hair cut temptation
  2. A visit to Agumbe, to the house where Malgudi days was shot
  3. Water rafting at Rishikesh
  4. Parasailing in Goa

I think that’s it for now, gals can I have a peep into your new year resolutions?

Energy Fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment